Friday, August 11, 2017

This was an easy sew

Reading the comments to my previous post was making me feel better: I’m not the only one making such a mistake. Thank you for taking the time to tell your mistake. Some of you said that reading my post made them feel better too and I can fully understand. In the online world we usually tend to show the successes and less the failures that are an inevitable part of sewing too. It’s something I do as well and I was in doubt about posting about the mistake and glad I did in the end. I was able to save the pants and will finish them this weekend, when my daughter is home again she can try it on to determine the length of elastic in the waist.

In the meantime I needed something to cleanse the palate, so I made a bra from one of the sets of material I bought when I met up with Jane. I’ve used this lace before (in 2013, can’t believe it’s that long ago), but with black lycra. Now a full embroidered lace was available too and lace trim for the shoulderstraps. Makes it quite different. It’s a bit more transparant in real life, the photos were made with a black preformed cup underneath.

Really no surprises in sewing this time.It went smoothly.

P8110048P8110049P8110051P8110045

14 comments:

  1. Your bra is very beautiful. Love all the details. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. As usual. Is this Rebecca?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Doesn't look easy to me! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this bra is beautiful!!! Simply beautiful! I wish I could get results like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heel erg mooi geworden, ik heb ook toevallig vandaag mijn setje afgemaakt van hetzelfde kant.
    Ik heb er al eerder een bh van gemaakt en ook daar moet nog een slip bijgemaakt worden.
    Vind jou belijning van de bh erg mooi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is stunning! I am just starting to make apparel again after a long hiatus, but never considered making lingerie until recently. Given the high cost of a good bra, it's time to dive in and do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular and lovely! Wow, Sigrid, this bra turned out even more beautifully than I imagined when we met and bought the fabrics. Hope I am still alive in the blogging world when I finally do something with my treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This doesn't look at all like an easy sew to me, it's stunningly pretty! Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty zeg.... ik heb nog nooit lingerie gemaakt, alleen een paar onderjurkjes. Ik ben niet precies genoeg daarvoor.

    Groetjes,

    Dorothé

    ReplyDelete

  10. That is so beautiful. Congratulations on a good job,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make the best lingerie ever. I pay a lot of money for a good fitting pretty bra. I did buy the three Craftsy classes on sewing bras when they were on sale. Now I have to find some fabric and a pattern.

    ReplyDelete