Friday, October 3, 2014

A day out

A non sewing related post. Today, October 3 was still a very nice late summer day here with a very nice temperature and a lot of sunshine. I visited my daughter, who since last year lives in the city of Utrecht, a very nice town in the center of the Netherlands. As in all cities here that have universities, there are a lot of bicycles. No street without and they are parked everywhere.
In the morning I helped my daughter with some special cleaning tasks because of allergies. But after that task was done we treated ourselves to a nice bike ride and picknick lunch in a park. A real treat on a such a lovely day.

IMG_0093IMG_0083

IMG_0091IMG_0107  IMG_0101   IMG_0090

5 comments:

  1. Both of you look great. It looks like a beautiful city. It's gorgeous here today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! You, your daughter, the trees, the park, the bicycles. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!
    I'm a bit biased about Utrecht of course :-). How nice you went to the Griftpark, that's near my parents' house. I remember catching toads there as a child, before it was shut down for years because of contaminated soil ('Gifpark' it was sometimes called). It's been open again for years now, and it's still my favourite park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Looks as though you had a lovely visit. Autumn is my favorite time of the year here, and it looks as though it is there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete