The first finished project for 2014 is a StyleArc pattern. I bought the pattern months ago and never got to making it. After my muslins and deciding to wait for the Ziggi motocycle jacket pattern I thought it was time to make this one up. Especially when I found this fabric in my stash (when looking for something else). I had totally forgotten about this fabric, think I bought it in New York in my 2010 trip, but not very sure.
The burn test showed me it is wool, it has mechanical stretch (the way it’s woven, the yarn has no stretch). I was fed up making muslins and took my chances (I did measure the pattern pieces). The yardage I had was not enough. After a little disappointment in that, I decided to continue and cut the upper side part off-grain. I also copied the front pattern and made it into two separate pieces. One part I cut from the fashion fabric, the other from lining. I also cut the back on the fold and the yoke with a seam. It was the only way to make this work with the amount of fabric I had.
I’m very happy with the result. It was greeted most enthousiastically by DD, who would like it for herself as well. Pity StyleArc patterns come in one size only.
Quite a windy afternoon, by now it’s pitch dark here and a thunderstorm is passing by.
In this photo you can see that the side seam is much more slanted than the line drawing suggests. I like it this time, but have been disappointed with the difference in line drawing and reality with this pattern company in another pattern.
The inside with the lining. Originally this should be one pattern piece, no lining involved.
The back is more flared than I thought it was. Perfect for my shape. I did add a few centimeters to the front side seam, but that’s all I changed in that area. The only other change I made was adding 2 cm to the sleeve length. No changes to the length, its style is quite long.