Thank you so much for all the kind comments on my jacket. After this was finished I wanted to make something easy, but I'm just not getting at it. You all know it: life gets in the way. And there is also my coat. The muslin was not finished in time for the coat sewalong timeframe. I'll publish my (2nd and 3rd) muslin in the coming days. The 3rd is yet another BWOF pattern. It seems I simply can't make up my mind. Must still sew in the sleeves, but I already think it's too big.
What I do know is that I got intrigued by my jacket and by the coat project in the technique of sewing sleeve vents. I looked in the sewing books I have and saw different techniques, which I want to try to see what the different results are. Today that results in a tutorial of a method which I think is very good when you work with thick fabrics, as there is a minimum of bulk.
As always, this is my interpretation and not the only way to do it.
Hope this is helpful.
And see what arrived in the mail today:
I swapped this with a kind lady in Portugal for a Knip Mode issue. Thank you Tania.
DD and I are very enthusiast about a lot of patterns. DD even traced a pattern tonight for a skirt already and made me promise to make her a pair of pants next week.